Did you ever wish of having a data-aware grid that lets you display
and edit data not as rows and columns, but as records? DbAltGrid allows a free-form layout
and hierarchical columns structure in a DBGrid descendant.
DbAltGrid adds the following features to Borland’s DBGrid:
- Multiple lines per record. Unlike DBGrid, which displays each record in
a single row, DbAltGrid allows a free-form layout for each record in the dataset. You can
customize layout not only at design time but also at runtime. This methodology can offer
an extremely efficient use of screen space.
- Hierarchical columns structure. Now you can divide your columns into
logical categories, consolidate them and attach to a parent column. That way you can
imitate tree-like columns structure. Such interface is similar to object and array field
types interface of the Oracle 8 database, but you can emulate this powerful methodology
with any database now.
- Enhanced column resizing and moving. Your user can resize and move
column in both horizontal and vertical directions. DbAltGrid animates the column being
moved with position indicators for much sharper look and feel for the user, as well as for
you (the designer).
- Row resizing. The user can adjust the height of rows to meet his/her
specific needs. Furthermore, your user can adjust the height of each band in the row
separately. As well as you - the designer.
- Automatic calculation of row height and column width by a mouse
double-click. The same applies for the designer.
- Images in column headers. The DbAltGrid has now got an Images property
which allows you to attach a TImageList to the grid for displaying pictures in the column
headers. It allows you to setup pictures at design time.
- Clickable button-like depressible column headers. Indicators that
display the column sorted on and the sorting order used.
- Automatic word-wrap in data cell and ellipsis draw indicator when the
text doesn’t fit data cell or header. In that case you can see full text in a
- Fast, smooth and flicker free painting. Off-screen painting even by
custom drawing in OnDrawColumnCell event handler.
- Smart key mapping support. Optional carriage return automatic
conversion to a tab. If you want, pressing the Down arrow key when the cursor is on the
last record in the dataset does not result in append of new empty record. It is made
possible with a hot key use.
- Striped look. A background color of odd and even rows can be turned to
alternate stripes like in ledger books.
- Header cursor. Focus rectangle is drawn in title cell of the selected
- Support of TClientDataSet object fields. Allows developers to use
Non-BDE data sources.
- Fully compatible with DBGrid. If you can use DBGrid in your
application, you can use DbAltGrid too.
a look at screen shots of DbAltGrid.
DbAltGrid offers a new approach to the problem of controlling data
displayed and edited in a grid. DbAltGrid uses template components to define such a
control. DbAltGrid comes with a standard template set for the most common chores,
including displaying and editing numeric, Boolean, date, memo and graphic fields.
Versions for Delphi 4, 5 and C++ Builder 4, 5 are available.
To learn more about DbAltGrid, including pricing and delivery
information, please visit us online at http://www.dbaltgrid.com
Copyright © 1999, 2000 Altive
Software Ltd. All rights reserved.